Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Variations of teaching and learning

It's always good to have different methods of teaching because there are different ways of learning. I notice my students like this because they don't know what the next class will be like. Will there be a videotape? Will there be a discussion? Will there be a lecture? It's good to keep the students interested in the class.

This is definitely tru. It's important to mix up the mundane aspects of education in order to facilitate a longstanding retention of curriculum.

I agree. It is important to make sure we don't just teach our learning style. I have taught young male adults for 5 years and they learn diffrent then I do. We need to recognize this and adapt our teach styles to their learning styles.

I teach Court Reporting. Unless we teach the basic theory of learning to write on the machine, most classes are just dictation classes to build their speed. It can be very boring. I try to do something different every day. Change up my speedbuilding techniques. Some days I will do short takes at different speeds and a lot of readback. Other days, I will read sustained for a long period of time for endurance. I also try to find funny as well as interesting court cases to read to keep their attention. I don't want to know what I'm going to do every day. They like something different, also.

by having various methods of teaching you also reaching different levels of understanding without even realizing it.

Sign In to comment