Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Making it my own

I teach at a facility where the course lessons are prepared for me. When I first started I had a very difficult time intergrating my teaching style into the course lectures. Now though I have learned to supplement the lectures with information that helps me put my own spin on the course material. I try as often as possible to provide the latest statistics and research when available, also I input any personal professional experience into lecture, students seem to react well to such methods.

Hi Selena,
You touched on a real challenge for instructors and that is the use of a standardized curriculum. It sounds like you have been successful in customizing to your own style and for your own use. Congratulations.
Gary

Selena,

Like you my courseware is prepared for me, but after reading this I now know that I can put my own spin on this by providing up-to-date information like the latest statistics and research.

Hi Selena.
I agree with Mr. Gary. It's a real challenge the use of a standardized curriculum. It look like happen to me when I incorporate the Internet in to the curriculum, first it was stress up for me and my students today is the best happen to me as a educational technology developer.

wish you were still here

I like Ms. Flores found it difficult to put myself into the material, however, I soon found that I had a flare for teaching. I enjoy the give and take with my students. I have alot to offer the students

Sign In to comment