Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Balance teaching to learning stylest

What is the best way to balance teaching to learning stylest so that all of the class is getting what they need.

Hi Patrice,
I identify the learning styles(preferences) of my students. Then as I present the course content I know that some of the students will get the content through their reading, others through listening, pictures or activities. So if I have a lecture prepared I know that my listeners will receive it well. For the students with other preferences I add concrete examples, Powerpoint or activities. The key is to balance the presentation modes. Keep in mind that just because a student has a preference does not mean that they can't learn in the other modes. It just means they have preferences. When I switch to another mode, I catch another segment of the class. I assign my student groups so that there is balance among them. This way they can help each other as they work in their preferences.
Gary

Dr. Meer I like the approach of having a balance of presentation modes and balancing out the students. I think I am going to incorporate that in my classes as well as having my students participate in more group activities.

Very well put!

Sign In to comment