Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Optional Materials

I find keeping attune to what is going on in the industry is very important. I will seek the most updated information on a subject
before I draw up my lesson plan to include beyond the basic knowledge out of the text. In this ever changing world students want to know they have the most recent information.

Hi William,
As the primary focus of career colleges is career preparation instructors have to be teaching the latest information/content from their field. To do anything less is unfair. I commend you for your efforts to remain current. The translation of industry information into teachable units is the challenge. Sounds like you are doing a good job at this.
Gary

I agree, this is very important. That's why I thought the suggestion of having former students come in as guest speakers was a great idea.

Hi Michelle,
Glad that the former student as a guest speaker is an idea that you can use. Let me know how this works out for you.
Gary

That is a great idea. I have had former students serve as guest speakers, and students tend to ask the real world/career questions they may not have asked during the rest of the course. It also helps students to see that their long-term goals are attainable.

Sign In to comment