Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New Substitute

I have been in my field for 25 years, and I'm a new substitute instructor at a trade school.
The course work has already been established.
Right now I would like to have tips from other more experienced subs how they go about conducting classes that are random.
Thank you in advance.

Duane,
I am sure you are going to get some good suggestions through this forum as you are facing a challenge being a substitute. Having done this in the past I can appreciate your challenge.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I am also an instructor in a technical school and many times have substituted for other instructors, The students are used to a certain instructor, so when you fill in they are checking you out to see if you are knowledgeable in the subject at hand. To me it is important to be prepared and establish right away that you know what you are talking about. And don't let them see you sweat. Hope this helps.

Dave,
Good advice. Thanks for sharing it with us. I know it will be of help to other instructors that face this situation.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

That's great advise. I too am a substitute instructor. I will use that information for my next class.

Sign In to comment