Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

enjoy

The fist day of scholl, is like the first impression of meeting someone.Have a good attitude ,open mind, and smile :)

You are absolutely correct with this statement. The attitude that you bring with you to the class should be the same attitude that you expect your students to have. If you are glum and monotone, students are likely to reflect that behavior. However, if you are upbeat, happy, and enjoy what you are doing, students are likely to also pick up on that too!

Hi Tyrone,
Good point. This is why we need to bring our A game to the classroom every time we step in front of students. If we don't the results will be difficult for everyone.
Gary

So, true! I started out telling them of my zero tolerance for cell phones ringing in class. Guess what happened? You guessed it, MY cellphone rang. Everyone ( including me) laughed. It was a great ice breaker and helped them see me as a human being!

Paula,
Talk about perfect timing. That ringing reinforced what you were saying plus you all got to have a laugh as a result of it.
Thanks for sharing this story with us.
Gary

Sign In to comment