Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Questions

i am new at this any sugestions

Hi Victor,
Be professional and use the three Ms, Model, Manager and Motivator to help you manage the class. Work hard at being organized and prepared and through experience you will see you can become an effective and efficient instructor.
Gary

Stay calm! I've come to realize my students are just as nervous as I am. I teach the same exact course 4 times a year and have done it for 9 years now. No matter how many times I teach it, I am still nervous and feel like it's my very first time. By the end of the first day, my instinct kicks in and it all become natural for me. The students have become relaxed and it all flows really well. Calmness is the key for me.

Hi Randy,
I think by being a little nervous as you start a new class you are showing that you have a high level of concern for the success of your students. You want to be able to relate to them and provide support and until you get to know them during the first few days of class you have a case of the nerves. I know that is the situation for me. These nerves help me to realize that I have not just got in a rut where I'm not excited about being able to teach my content.
Gary

Sign In to comment