Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Setting the tone

I think it is important to get the class started on the right note. I learned allot of techniques to accomplish this task. Thanks

Hi Brian,
Glad to hear that the course contents will be of help to you in your professional development. You are right about setting the right tone for the start of a class. If done right it makes the rest of the course go so much better. By being organized and prepared your students will respect your abilities and dedication to their learning.
Gary

SEtting the right tone at the start of a class helps not only the instructor set the "pace" of the class but the level of professionalism. Being prepared and organized at the start lets the students know that you are prepared and ready to teach and answer.

My teaching class will be in a hospital clinic setting so it is imparitive that professionalism and respect are formost in the presentation.

Hi Geraldine,
Right you are about the need for professionalism. It is a must for instructor to be a model of the profession. This way the students can see where they can go if they make satisfactory progress in their coursework.
Gary

I believe that as the instructor I can set the professional tone. Leading by example is essential.

Hi Milinda,
There is no question about this. The students can only measure the field against what they know and you are the model against which they do the measuring. Being professional in all that you do guides them as they enter the field.
Gary

Sign In to comment