Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Skill Level

I think it is very important to let students know your experience in the course you are teaching. Let the students know they can ask any questions related to course content and then have class discussion.

I agree. I let my students know my background and how it relates to the course lesson. It adds credibility and fields a lot of good questions.

My thoughts exactly, I like to answer any subject related question the students can think up. Students will try to ask a question that will trip you up. Perhaps this is their way of judging the instructor’s knowledge in a subject.

Sharing your experience with students is very important as well as sometimes sharing how and where you learned your craft. I also let them know I continue to gain experience and learn outside of the classroom by participating in relevent weekend activities. When I learn something new and share with the class, my credibility ratchets up a notch, in their eyes, sometimes creating a more in depth discussion as well as more questions.

Hi Steven,
The outside of class learning you mention is an excellent way to keep up your skills plus show your students the transferability of the skills you are teaching them.
Good job.
Gary

Sign In to comment