Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Getting Started

I am relatively new to the teaching profession and wish that I would have had more of this information when I began. Although most of my time was spent just developing curriculum early on this would have saved me some reworking of my methodologies toward welcoming students. My experiences in industry gave me credibility with my students and they were eager to absorb what I had to give them. Fortunately they were all good about my circumstances and maintained some flexibility. Much of this seems like common sense but it is nice to have it down in a structured format to review.

Hi LeRoy!

I thought the same about this material being common sense, but it's actually surprising how much of this content wouldn't normally come to the mind. Moreover, how many small things can make such a great or grave impression on the overall course and the outcomes the students will have in that course.

:)

~Erich

Hi Andrew,
You have captured the essence of teaching. Use "common sense" but sadly in many cases this is lacking. Thank you for the kind words about how the course content is helping you to format and review what it takes to be an effective instructor. Good teaching!
Gary

Sign In to comment