Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student Names

I find reading a list of the student names a couple of times before you meet them helps to learn them quickly.

The way we get to know all of the students is to have them sit in the same seat for one week and we take attendance like that. Then we can remember their names by sight and they can sit any where they like.

Hi Carol,
Good idea. Every good instructor will have a way they use to get to know the names of their students quickly. This is a must if you are going to make the students feel welcome and accepted into the class.
Gary

I found drawing a diagram with names & seating location at first allowed me to learn the students names very effectively.

I too like seating charts I find that by saying the name and looking at the face makes it easier for me to remember who I'm talking with. When you look at him or her and say their name it gets personal and I think they like that. They call you by name and they know who they are talking too it needs to go the other way too.

Gene I think you hit it right on the head. Seating charts are great and/or name tents.

I like the seating diagram method.Still take about a week to remember!

i like your idea reading the names a couple time , also the tent names will work. it takes me a while to learn all there names. i will try this my next class

Sign In to comment