Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be prepared

We as teachers always expect our students to be prepared for class, to bring in their textbooks, their assignments, their pens, etc. But sometimes its the teachers that do not come in well prepared for the class. Students ask questions about the course and on the material and we should always be prepared to answer any question at any given time. Organization plays a big part in being prepared.

Hi samuel

My mentor always had a saying about the 5 P's

Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

When Im thinking about lecturing a class I always go thru my 5 P's and I know that I will be ready.

But I also know that sometimes its impossible to foresee problem.

I have seen the unforseeable happen. In Central Florida when the tonadoes wiped out several schools and classes had to be taught elsewhere. Some teachers and students were lucky just to have the shirts on their backs.

I agree. Being prepared sets the tone for your class. If my students see that I am prepared and organized, they will realize that is how I expect them to be.

Not to mention that the more I prepare for the first day of class, the less nervous I feel; so that when something unexpected happens I can handle it better. Knowing I have done everything in my power to get ready just gets everything off on the right foot.

Samuel,

I like the 5 P's; proper planning does prevent poor poor performance more times than not in terms of the lack of planning.

The unforeseen problem is your chance to help students learn the manner and ability to overcome life's obsticles that arise daily. I use this approach daily!

What empowerment:-)
Charles

Being prepared will enable you to accomplish your goals.

I agree. Preparation and organization is critical, which is why I devote the first class to providing students tips for being proactive throughout the course.

Sign In to comment