Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Proper methods and media in a learning enviornment

Noise ( anything which interupt the communication)

I find this to be a very pertinent factor in being able to deliver quality instructions to our students...We live in a highly technical society and we should expect nothing less in our classroom environments...

Having up-to-date technology makes a world of a difference...Example given a class on Windows XP but the Classroom is Running Windows 2000...Also labs should be labs and nothing more then labs...

There shouldn't be any restrictions in a lab environment...We are training our students for the real world and without simulations that makes it extremely difficult to perform those tasks...

Hi James,
You hit upon a very key point. Instructional equipment should reflect business and industry standards. This is, as you well know,why the students come to your college. They have to be trained to be competitive in their field.
How do you maintain your knowledge of what is being used in your field? I have found that it is easy to get seperated from what is common practice in the field and what is being taught in the classroom.
Do you have a plan that you have developed for keeping yourself current?
Thanks
Gary

James:
Thanks for your expressions. I think it is very important to select a proper media and methods before delivering a lecture. As you mentioned there should not be any barrier for selecting those in this modern age. Specially if you work in a career oriented school ,selection of methods and media should reflect the real life.

I mildly disagree with you about restrictions in a lab environment. With out a given set of restrictions/goals many students will lose there direction and fail to meet the goals of the lab.

Sign In to comment