Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Instructional Style

What is the most effective way to enhance your style?

Valerie,
Take stock of your personality and how you communicate with people. Then look at the instructional content you want to share and determine how you can match the delivery of the material with your personality. Get feedback from your students on how they perceive your delivery and instructional efforts. Make adjustments as needed and refine your communication efforts. You will start to see the most effective ways to interact with and share information with students and this then will become your instructional style, be it casual, laid back, structured, etc..
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I use my personality and knowledge of my field but also point many times back to past experiences working on the job.

I try to stay extremely personable, and make sure that everything I mention to enhance my lecture applies to how they will use it in the field.

Steven,
The human factor is so important in interacting with students and you are using when you engage your students in conversation and interaction. This is the foundation upon which rapport is developed. Keep up the good work.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment