Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

use study guides

What are your thoughts on the use of providing study guides to guide a student's focus when preparing for exams? I see it as a useful tool for keeping on track for meeting course objectives.

Samuel,
I provide them for my students because I think they help the students to focus on the key concepts and information they they need to know not only for the upcoming exam but also for the duration of the course and beyond. So the more triggers I can provide students to help them remember the better.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I realized they are very useful for the students' exam preparation. I used review questions to make sure I am meeting the course objectives. At the beginning I did not plan on using study guides until the students actually asked for them during the class before the exam, that is when I realized that students need them to structure their knowledge.

Miriam,
Many students lack in study skills so providing a study guide helps them to zero in on the critical information. This is a great service that you are providing and the results are that the students will improve their testing performances as well as increasing their knowledge base.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment