Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Professionalism

Being professional is a very important part of an instructor job. The instructor should present his/her self as the role model. You are the one who the student need to be able to look up too, you should be the one that they should be able to come too for advice about their career.

Carol,
This is a critical part of being an instructor. We are being observed by our students at all times so we need to remember to always be professional in everything we do.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

I believe carring yourself in a professional manner says alot about an instructor.

We as instructor are the role model and should do our best to be a role model

Carrying yourself as a professional is only half the battle. Actually doing professional acts of kindness, and willings to work well with others enables the true professional to stand out from the rest.

Marsha,
That is for sure. Talking the walk does not get it. You must both talk and walk the professional model to be respected as an educator.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

we as instructors must maintain a high level of integrity.This is important because we must maintain a high level of profesionalism in the eyes of the students.as instructors we are looked upon to uphold a higher set of morales as well as values

you are right they put attention of what u do and what u said and how u said it we are the example for theme and they will became of what we teach theme it is berry important how u teach them .

I believe it is important for us to remember that we are being watched at all times. I believe one of the worst things an instructor can do is to speak negatively of peers. This undermines both instructors and greatly damages the professional relationship.

Michael,
I agree about why we need to watch what we say and do around students. We are always on stage and cannot forget that.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

It is so important for each of us to model professional behavior and instruct our students in the importance of this. This will often be one of the factors that will determine the type of culture of employment that they will find.

When you talk negative about your peers with students it sends a message to the students that you are "buddies" with them. You can be friendly but not friends with students. Talking this way sends the wrong message and makes the instructor look bad. This is not a good role model in action.

Kimberly,
Right you are. If we degrade colleagues to students we are not being professional and as a result the students will think less of us. We lose their respect plus we need to focus on ourselves and let the other instructors focus on themselves.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

Sign In to comment