Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree with everyone's comments regarding unprofessionalism. It makes the job so much more difficult when one is teaching a class behind a less than professional instructor. I believe it is important to - as a department - to establish standards of conduct as a team, with the supervisor actually enforcing these standards. One note however, as we all know, it is possible that the students are attempting to "play" one instructor off of another so, get your facts straight before confronting a co-worker based on information from a (possibly) disgruntled student!

Hi Laurie,
You make an excellent point about knowing all the facts before approaching another faculty member. Make sure that you always present a professional face in your class and the students will start to reflect that same professionalism that you share. This will help them later with their career growth.
Good job!
Gary

I've been teaching for couple months now and I'm still feeling like there is a lot for me to learn. But I try to prepare my classes as much and carefully as I can. And one great compliment I recieved few weeks ago was from students comenting how well prepare I was for clesses.

Hi Juan,
Welcome to the profession. Glad to hear that you are having a good experience. Also, good to hear that you received the comment about being prepared. This is the sign of a developing professional. You are going to have a great teaching career.
Gary

Being new in this arena, I am lerning how to be an instructor, this is all very new and challenging, so I must ask, Doesn't your instructor bring Professionalism with him? Pride in his work?

Sign In to comment