Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Audit if you can!

I work at a massage therapy school and their policy is to audit the class they want you to teach before you teach it. (They try to have several instructors in reserve who can all teach the same class in case someone gets sick or if multiples of the same class are being offered.) I think this is such a helpful tool.

Hi Stephanie,
Good idea. This way you can see how different instructors approach a class. You then can develop your own approach by using the best of what you have seen as well as your own creativity.
I am always observing other instructors so I can build my own delivery skills and continue my professional development.
Gary

I also work at a massage therapy school and I audit classes as often as possible. I am fortunate to have this opportunity. I also attend a lot of classes outside of my job and find that this is a unique way to implement new ideas into the classes I teach. Students see that their instructor is actively persuing the information through the community of seminars offered. Which I find brings new enthusiasm into the classroom and it helps me have a fresh prespective. I really enjoyed taking the EDU 101 courses and appreciate the opportunity! Thanks!

Hi Amy,
You have a great attitude about professional development. By doing what you are doing you are adding to your skills as a professional educator each time you complete one of the seminars. Keep up the good work.
You also have a great attitude when it comes to your students. I would guess you conduct your classes with excitement and enthusiasm which I know rubs off on your students.
Gary

Sign In to comment