Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Easter Egg Hunt

I am preparing for a Reflexology class I am teaching this weekend and Sunday is Easter. I thought it would be a fun activity to have an easter egg hunt. I 'm considering putting a reflex in each egg and the student has to locate the reflex on their own foot. The student with the most eggs gets a prize. I was wondering if anyone has a better idea. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks

Hi Amy,
I have found over the years that adults are nothing more than "tall" kids. They like to have fun while learning. Any activity that gets them engaged in the learning process while they are having fun is a good one.
I use a number of different games in teaching the basic concepts and/or procedures in my classes. These games help to drill the students in learning the needed terms. We as a class then can move the application phase.
The key with any game type activity is to be sure that the students see the applications and knowledge that is being taught through the games. That is they see a reason for what you are doing with their class time as being applicable to their education and you will do well.
Good Luck!
Gary

I really like your idea and think it is terrific! My suggestion would be that instead of the student who collects the most eggs being the winner- perhaps those who can correctly identify the most reflexes would make a better winner. Something I've learned to be careful about in classes with games and competition is that you need to make sure all students are:
1.) Learning something from the activity
2.) Have a fair chance to win
3.) Are able to participate/feel comfortable
In one of my past classes, I played an accounting terminology game where I split my class into two groups and had them correctly identify the word and spell it in front of the class. One of my students became very upset and embarrassed to participate in this game because she had trouble spelling and writing clearly/quickly to earn a point for her team.
Sounds like your students will really enjoy this activity. Best of luck!

Sign In to comment