Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Great Teaching Info

:-] This will be a great help in organizing myself for future classes since my background as a nurse and massotherapist never covered this .

As A Massage therapist and instructor, the current education model never concerns itself about teaching experience. Luckily, I found myself engaging in this coarse and answering my own questions about teaching. I am greatful

Hi Timothy,
Thank you for the kind words about how you are learning from the course. What do you see as being your biggest challenges as you develop your teaching skills? Also, what are some resources you can use to help you improve your teaching?
Gary

When I began this course, I thought I knew what I was doing. Come to find out that I had more to learn myself

Hi Kristi,
Thank you for the kind words about the content of the course. What were several of the most important items you found out about not only yourself as a teacher, but how you can improve as a instructor?
Gary

I am a new instructor so this class is very informative for me also. I never thought of the different roles of a teacher: model, manager, motivator.

Hi Linda,
I am glad you have found the class informative. The biggest thing to remember about teaching is that most of it is "common sense". You have a vast amount of experience behind you, just think how you can translate that experience into instructional components and you will be on your way. The model, manager, motivator model will help you to remember why you are in the classroom. That is to help your students to enter their career field with the maximum skills needed for success.
Gary

I was amazed by how much of this material seemed natural and I had already been doing most of this with out really identifying the specifics of teaching. This was real helpful.

Hi Jacob,
Thank you for your comments about the course. The key point to remember about teaching is that most of it is "common sense", the problem is that many instructors forget that they were once students themselves so the try to do things that don't work well with their students.
Keep up the good work.
Gary

This was great material concerning the difference between model, managers, and motivators.

Hi Andrea,
Thank you for the kind words about the 3 M model. Sometimes I think it is good to step back and think about the influence and impact we have on the lives of our students.
Gary

I thought I knew alot about teaching as well. I have enjoyed the course tremendously. I look forward for more information to assist with motivating and being a knowledable model for the student.

Hi Janet,
Thank you for the kind words about the course. I know it is always fun for me to learn new ways of doing things and how to become a better instructor. I hope the course helped you with your professional development.
Gary

I have been a "trainer" for 10 years. I also thought I knew what I was doing.

This course has reminded me the importance of role modeling in helping the student to succeed. I have copied the five C's and placed it with my class outline.

Hi Lois,
Glad the course was of help to you. All of us need to be refreshed now and then on how we can expand our delivery to improve retention on the part of our students.
Gary

I agree for myself as well- nice to have confirmation on the things we are doinf as well

Sign In to comment