Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED111

AS AN INSTRUCTOR I FOUND THAT USING A STRUCTURED LESSON PLAN/ AND OR LECTURE NOTES WILL ENABLE ME TO REACH OUT TO EACH STUDENT LEARNING STYLES.

This was one of the best lessons I have done. I try hard to keep my lessons more of a discussion. It does keep the students involve with a lot of questions. At the beginning of the lesson I have all the students close their books and just listen to me as I go over the lesson content and give general information in the hope that it will spark questioning. I am going to use this method with the note taking after the discussion next lesson.

Hi Dominick,
When I teach some of my computer courses, I let my students know that I am deviating from the book, but the concepts are still being taught. Students like it when we are so knowledgeable that we do not have to follow the book verbatim.

Patricia Scales

I encourage students to keep their textbooks closed during class discussion. However, I have found that it is sometimes difficult for those students that prefer to highlight in their text and then write their own notes on their own time.

Hi Charlotte,
I let my students follow me as I teach with their textbook open. I have found that students like knowing where you are getting the information from. As mentioned, some students like highlighting/marking in their book as you lecture.

Patricia Scales

Sign In to comment