Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

pop quiz

can a pop quiz be added any time during the class time or first thing in the morning.

Usually students are not completely awake during morning (sleepy) and evening class (coming from wok), so I would try to avoid pop quiz as 1 st thing in the morning. Not a bad idea in the afternoon class though.

What is the purpose of the pop quiz? Does pop mean unexpected or just minor?  I see pop quizes as always being formative so they should be designed to help students see what they have learned and what they need to work on.  Even on a scheduled test I like to ask the students some questions similar to some of the test  to help them get into their thinking mode before passing out the test.  I get a better picture of what they know and how good they are at problem solving if I have helped them to get their minds off of the rest of their life and into the school before they start the test.

A pop quiz shoudl be used as a toll for the student to be refreshed of the material taught. It also creates a sense of being prepared.

I teach a broadcasting class, which often involves the reporting of news.  So, occasionally at the beginning of class, I will ask a question pertaining to a recent news event...and we'll spend a few minutes discussing that news event in class.

Sign In to comment