Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology Integration

Students should have technological resources available to them to help research materials needed to complete their course successfully.

Adds "flavor" to the instruction.

Well if I only had the internet when I went to school.... As a chef in a world of changing food presentations and combinations you can imagine how wonderful search engines are! One suggestion I have found that works very well for my students and keeps them on top of food and trends are to search using a topic but selecting images. The top desserts of the world or lemongrass desserts as we searched today get the students really engaged. First we eat with our eyes so we start by choosing the best looking desserts we find in images. When we click on the picture it sends us to a website, blog or flicker account. The beauty of this is that you are able to discover quality content relatively quickly that is of great interest and very informative. After the interest takes hold the students will switch back and forth selecting flavors and ingredients they are not familiar with and search them by cutting and pasting into new search boxes. The new information can then create discussion of how flavor profiles and techniques are interrelated what fun!

Sign In to comment