Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Taxomony

we use big words to a generation that is tech driven and they don't really know what we are talking about unless they look it up via the I phone- is that learning?? or remembering to forget to get a grade..

Eric,

I agree with your concern. Nevertheless, instructors (especially in career colleges) must continue to use industry-based jargon, as well as "professional communication", in order to prepare their students for the career world. If we do not use the "big words", we would not be assisting them with enhancing their vocabulary...even if they have to research the words on their "I Phones".

Tremayne Simpson

some of the items that i have to expalin have as many as 4 different names they all mean the same they discribe the same thing but and this is very frustateing to the student who just wants to learn the correct jargon.

William,

What methods do you use to assist them with overcoming their frustration and accepting that there are multiple names for a particular term?

Tremayne Simpson

William,

What methods do you use to assist them with overcoming their frustration and accepting that there are multiple names for a particular term?

Tremayne Simpson

Sign In to comment