Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Daily Outlines

One of the tools that I used on a daily basis is my go to daily journal. Inside it has all the key points that I need to cover and often times I will add in additional information pending on each class demographics. Stronger classrooms I will discuss and allow them to group together to problem solve a problem, normal classrooms I stick to the basic as the material can be a bit overwhelming for them. Bottom line these tools keeps me on point with my lectures and demoes ^_^

I use something similiar. I have a daily planner I use. It definately keeps me on task. The first time I teach a course, I have an outline. By the second time the course is taught, I have my day planned down to which power point slides should be covered to keep up with my demanding curriculum. I also have "extra" hands-on assignments for those class days that seem tedious.

I use something similiar. I have a daily planner I use. It definately keeps me on task. The first time I teach a course, I have an outline. By the second time the course is taught, I have my day planned down to which power point slides should be covered to keep up with my demanding curriculum. I also have "extra" hands-on assignments for those class days that seem tedious.

I have an outline to each day because my classes are so time sensitive. I must hold myself and students to the timelines being in a kitch

Kristina ,

Outlines are excellent for structuring the course. The great thing about outlines is that they can be either highly detailed or simplistic, however all of the information that you need to run the class session can be accounted for. Also, you can add a column for a "check box", to keep track of what you have completed during the class.

Tremayne Simpson

I agree, it is important to have an outline in order to see what we need to do in a class that needs every minute.

Our courses follow a text book which includes a 15 day syllabus with the days suggested activities clearly outlined. The night before each class I write my daily plan on the white board in the order we will proceed. After taking roll I review the days plan with the students while answering questions and verifying that everyone understands what our agenda is for the day.

I am going to start using hourly outlines. When you are giving a 5 hour course, you need to outline the syllabus into 5 hour increments.

Sign In to comment