Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

plan on things going wrong or interruptions and when they happen it's not a fustration and it's easier to get the students to go along when you get upset so does the student

Cecil:

What kind of examples can you give for when things have not gone as planned? How did you deal with these situations? How might you now do things differently now?

Regards, Barry

things always go wrong so plan on them. i get interrupted by school administrators who ask for students to go and fill out papers. i've grown to expect this and unfortunately this sometimes ruins my train of thought and have to get back on track.

Hi Gilbert:
In a philosophical sense, interruptions to a class session are a bit disrespectful to the students and may diminish the impact of the importance of the lesson in the students mind.

However, the reality is that some interruptions will occur. In the interest of student learning the educational institution should have a policy regarding interruptions and when they are and are not appropriate.

Even when there is a policy, interruptions should be kept to a minimum, and if involving an individual student, should be conducted in private (such as in the hallway). Also, adult students arriving and departing the classroom while class is in session ought to be addressed at the beginning of the term and guidelines included in the course syllabus.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment