Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

PowerPoints

I enjoyed this topic on powerpoints. I use powerpoints generally for all classes that I teach. Students seem to appreciate keypoints of the overall lecture. I agree that you must be careful with the audio simply because you want to keep the focus on the lecture and not to distract them with sounds.

I have found that moving around the classroom during a power point will keep students in different areas of the class involved as well.

I totally agree with moving around the classroom during a PowerPoint. My students seem to stay focused.

I like the response from students when using pp. I do feel i need to move around the classroom a bit more. Allows students to follow the text easily and participate.

I love powerpoints I use them for almost every class I teach. I tried to remove key words and definitions so the students have to plug the information in. That way it breaks up just looking at the powerpoint and listening to my voice. I also let the students take turns teaching the powerpoints so they can think of fun ways to remember the information.

Hi Jackie:

If using PPT, one general, all-purpose guideline to remember about using power-point is this – don’t read the slides to the students. Unless you’re deliberately trying to make a point, reading slides is the quickest way to have students tune out during the lesson.

Instead, it’s better to cover the main points on the slide, and have the students refer to the notes on their own.

Regards, Barry

Hi Darci:

If using PPT, one general, all-purpose guideline to remember about using power-point is this – don’t read the slides to the students. Unless you’re deliberately trying to make a point, reading slides is the quickest way to have students tune out during the lesson.

Instead, it’s better to cover the main points on the slide, and have the students refer to the notes on their own.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment