Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Power point Presentation

PowerPoint Presentation are very time Comsuming to create and to show clearly good projector are needed and if sound is used requises agood sound system.

Hi Stillman:
No arguments for any of the points you've listed.

Now, think of the "labor of love" that is represented by a good PPT presentation, and how the students might benefit from it. I agree that a good PPT takes time. Not everything has to be done all at once. Many good PPT's are gradually improved each time the topic comes up.

Regards, Barry

Response to Stillman,
I have found that it is hard to live without power point. The need for visualization of techniques and scenarios allows students to see the technique first, explain the history of it and then being able to put these techniques to work with hands on exercises. In almost every teaching forum I attend I have a power point to assist me. The key is to keep them simple, not too much text, not many distractions with different fonts and animations and to keep it from being boring. No matter how great we may think our power point is it can be confusing and tedious. Sharon

It is time consuming, but there are so many PP already done that you can access with or get all you have to do is serach on the web and you can find them. Also as Instructor, if you want your presentation and message dilivery to effectives you must make time for it. Everything is not easy, if it easy.

You are right Sharon,
We also have to remember students are humans and as humans they prefer to see than to read. Power point presentations give us the chance to make what we teach visual with very little effort.

All of the books that I currently use have instructor CD's that contain PPT's for each chapter. If you think they are time consuming, then maybe you could find books that already contain them for you.

Hi Amanda:
Your right, most publishers are adding more electronic resources to their newer additions. But these are tools. It is our job to decide what will work best in transferring the information in a given topic that's needed by the student.

A variety of media along with thoughtful participation by the student will demonstrate how effective that planning process has been.

Regards, Barry

I agree,but pp is a very good form of teaching

Hi William:
No doubt, the introduction of PPT into the classroom has been a marvelous addition - but it's still just a tool, one of many at our disposal.

Regards, Barry

i think powerpoints are awesome when they contain clear pictures showing the actual items being discussed makes a good pp presentation

Hi David:

Clarity in PPT is important. Better presentations contain short words and sentences and condnsed ideas. The instructor can elaborate on the information depicted in the slide. Graphics sometimes do make for a more interesting presentation.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment