Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Personaltiy traits

It is important to develop insight about personality attributes to understand how specific traits can influence students in both negative and positive ways. An effective teacher should continually assess strengths and weaknesses to accommodate the changing group dynamics with each new class/group of students.

Angela ,
Yes, our personality can impact the level of engagement, and perhaps attitude. I believe all can work to be approachable, patient, willing to listen, and convey we care through kindness, and a willingness to offer assistance.

Barry Westling

Personalities of instructors differ but students will respond in a positive way if they feel the instructor is not on a power trip and shows real compassion. It is, after all, about the student and not the instructor's ego.

Wanda,
Good point. When students sense their instructor is sincere, and feel they are there to help the students become successful, that makes for a much better learning environment. And in my opinion it doesn't really take that much effort to show we care.

Barry Westling

I also feel that students respond to an instructor's enthusiasm. I've been nursing for 39 years and have loved every day of my career. I can't help but to demonstrate my love for nursing, it is part of me and I see my students respond by wanting to imitate my skills and knowledge. I totally enjoy sharing my expertise with my students and watching them grow.

Carole Ray

Carole,
Enthusiam crease a learning atmosphere that is second to none.

Barry Westling

Sign In to comment