Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Prepairing yourself

Hi Guys, I have found being completely prepaired for the first and every other day of class to be very important. We need to set a example of how our students need to come to class, prepaired! What better model than an instructer who comes to class relaxed and well organised! Remember the first day sets the "tone" for the remander of the corse. I am planning to prepair my next class sylibus on HD orange, I bet that will get the students attention! Koodos to this section!

Hi Michael:

I can't help from noticing your enthusiasm regarding setting the tone on the first day. It is very important. Students will respond to the way their instructor makes them feel, so you've got some good material to work with.

Regards, Barry

I totally agree, i always do the same every day of class.

Hello,
I am a new instructor and have taken every word of advise to heart. I think the information in this section will be quite helpful.
Thanks!
Debby Smith

Hi Debby:
Welcome to the world's oldest profession (some think that means someting else - but teaching has been around since the earliest recorded history).

Yes, this curriculum offers many great teaching strategies and if applied, create great teachers. Your enthusiasm has prepared you for a great start!

Regards, Barry

I remember when I was new but if you have a good heart and a good personality Students reconize that and believe me students see every thing so always keep possitive and enjoy your class and make sureyou keep students involved.it makes teaching fun.I find they learn better if you make teaching fun!Keep up the good work!

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Hi Louis:
That's such a true statement (I've used it in my forum posts, here in these lessons). It's a little like reputation. So hard to earn a good one and so little can diminish it. So we try our best at all times and most of the time we'll be on target.

Regards, Barry

If we are not prepared, we cannot effectively present the class. As I have adult learners, they have invested a great deal into their education and they know when they are being short changed. We must keep the customer happy and even overwhelmed by their days learning experience.

Hi Michele:
Great! I think good customer service is a minimum expectation all good teachers should impose on themseleves. We should be prepared to think about what is in the best interests of the student, then go about the process of providing that exemplary attention and care!

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment