Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be prepared no matter who you teach

I have had the privelege to teach in many areas-twenty years to this date- from kindergarten to the adults I teach now. A teacher must be prepared to deliver the content. If this isn't being done, then how is the student expected to gain the knowledge the instructor has to offer. To me teaching is a privelege, because the students have put their trust in me doing my job.
they will listen to every word a teacher has to say and believe it for the most part. Thus an instructro must always be prepared to deliver.

Hi Gilbert:
You've conveyed the more lofty ideals of good teachers, and it's all true. Being prepared and gaining trust with your students certainly are among the attributes good (and great) teachers possess. Refining and honing these skills to an efficient level is a challenge every teacher ought to aspire to.

Regards, Barry

I belive that being prepared is probably one of the biggest factors in credibility. If you do not utilize your spare time effectively for class preparation the students will immediately see that as a lack of concern for both them and the class and you will be trying to dig yourself out of a hole right from the start.

Being prepared is the main reason I rarely get stage fright. It is a teacher's job to be able to teach a lesson or explain content a few different ways.

Hi John:
It true when a teacher is competent with their content knowledge, they can be more effective in displaying confidence in their delivery style. As you say, there are multiple approaches to conveying an idea and well versed instructors can use many examples to get their point across.

Preparation can be a life saver in this category because the correct material and information readily at hand can provide an arsenal of material to students should the need arise.

Regards, Barry

I agree with you that you must be prepared to deliver the content of what you are going to teach. If you are not prepared, you keep looking to see what is next and the students pick up on that and then you have to try and refocus them.

Sign In to comment