Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Harvard Business School Video

I enjoyed the video where grading should be setup with higher expectations but instructor's giving every students every opportunity to reach that high level. It is almost like playing some video games where you have to reach certain level to earn experience points to get perks for that level. It was a great key points I learned in this great video.

Hi Sonny:
I believe most people operate withing perceived expectations. So, I ahve to agree, that setting standards higher is worthwhile.

If we want 80% or above, setting the expeactation will produce some below, some right at, and some above the 80% threshold. But if we set it at 90%, most all would be more likey to achieve the threshold.

Regards, Barry

I love the videos. I wish I could find a simple way of bringing these or something like them in the class. Any ideas?

Hi Tonya:
Of course there are hundreds of sources for videos's. DVD's are becoming more popular now, just like at home.

I would consult with your campus librarian. Next would be the public library. After that, the l;ocal university klibrary or specific department within the the university. I suggest these as mostly they;ll be no co cost.

You can Google your topic and sometimes find sites that have video snipits. Youtube is the same way. These are a good place to start and won't cost a cent.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment