Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The UDL framework is new for me. I am looking forward to learning more in future modules. I feel like I need a better understanding of assessment and implementation to make informed decisions on how I would (or would not) employ this concept. 

i need to work to make my classes fit everyone no matter the background or skill level.

I believe that I practice this because I have had a really diverse group of students in the past and continue to have diverse students in my classes.

People learn in a multitude of different ways and we need to play to their strengths. UDL is the guideline to make sure everyone can learn in our environment. It is a best practice for most things in life,  not just teaching. 

Utilizing UDL will encourage a more authentic and personal approach to teaching. Each student deserves to chance to learn and be taught in a way that works for them.

Honestly I'm having a hard time really conceptualizing exactly what this framework entails at this point. Must be my own needs for differentiated learning. I suspect I'll gain more clarity as I move through this course module. 

I am new to UDL and am currently just learning about the topic. What I have learned thus far is that UDL believes that information, demonstration of skills, and learner engagement should be flexible enough to invite learners from all backgrounds to participate and show understanding of the material. 

UDL should be like when you show up to a friends house for a pot luck dinner.  You may not choose everything, but you can choose the stuff you want to.  

UDL needs to have multiple paths to the learning targets and also employ multiple manners in which students can express or communicate their learning.  It is mostly about being creative and flexible for each student.  

Sign In to comment