Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Common Job Search Challenges | Origin: CS119

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching Modern Job Search Strategies --> Common Job Search Challenges

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

In teaching about common job search challenges, I've learned that individuals often struggle with clarity in defining their career goals and finding suitable job opportunities. Crafting effective application materials and preparing for interviews can also be challenging. To address these issues, I intend to provide practical guidance, interactive activities, and resources such as resume templates and interview guides to help job seekers overcome these challenges and stay motivated throughout their job search journey.

I have learned from this module that job searches are much more complex than people initially realize. It takes a lot of effort to do a job search and it gets harder the longer you have to wait. Using a job search tactic or writing out your goals for job searching is the best way to get it done.

I find that I learn really well from acronyms, so I greatly appreciated the PADMAN (presentation, ability, dependability, motivation, attitude, network) and SOLAR (skill, outlook, look elsewhere, answer, resource) references. These resources allow a job seeker/offer seeker to truly examine how they are representing themselves to an employer to determine where the areas of growth are. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities