Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Developing Processes | Origin: CS131

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Creating Work Based Learning Programs – Next Steps --> Developing Processes

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Building partnerships with business and school personnel is going to be key to success of any WBL program.  I liked the idea of sending out a survey to building staff asking for contact information of people they may know in industry that may contribute to the WBL program.

I also think it is important to allow teachers who already have a running WBL program the ability to continue to run their program, with the support of district level WBL.  There should be record at the district level for insurance/liability purposes, so that process should be created with teachers input.

I think it is a good point to make sure to avoid educational jargon when putting together WBL packets for employers and is something I will keep in mind.  I also believe that PR is so important, even within our schools, to ensure that school personnel understand the value of WBL and also help create connects and spread the word.  

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities