Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

During this module, I learned that internships are very important. During internships, students are able to learn what they like and dislike. It is great practice. 

I was absolutley unaware of the five keys as a guide. I also didn't know that alienating coworkers was the biggest reason people lose their jobs. I was very shocked by that. I would have thought it was being late or something similar to that.

I enjoyed learning about upholidng your dignity within interviewing and interaction with employers or coworkers. Communication is very important and having emotional intelligence is as well. Following the steps provided will definitely help someone make a great impression within their introductory period. 

It is important to maintin the 5 keys to success like being dependable and being a member of the team. Calling out alot or engaging in gossip will not help you in your job. Being able to take criticism is also important.

I was not familiar with the 5 Keys, this was a great way to explain how to be a valuable employee/team player.  The examples included in this section are very helpful and I will look to them when working with students before they take on their first internship/work experience.

The five keys to success seems like a new and old idea. It seems like a great idea for the student 

The five keys to work success is something that can be of real value to someone entering the workforce or a new type of job situation. I don't think what to do once you have the job is discussed often enough. 

I'll be bringing this up in class discussions. Right now I tell learners that your goal is to do your job well, to make the next person's job easier. 

I was not familiar with the "Five Keys to Success." Excellent guidelines to relate to our students.

I like how the 5 keys  to success provides a good framework for all of the different aspects of being an employee and allows us to think carefully through each key and help our students prepare.  I especially like the ideas around exploring emotional states as well as physical states in the Be a Professional key.  Your emotional state can have  huge impact on your job performance, and I think it is so important to talk about that while the student is still in high school.

Good communication skills are essential to allow others and yourself to understand information more accurately and quickly. In contrast, poor communication skills lead to frequent misunderstandings and frustration.

learned that preparation is paramount. I emphasized to my students the importance of researching the company, understanding the position they were applying for, and anticipating potential interview questions. This preparation not only bolstered their confidence but also allowed them to articulate their skills and experiences in a way that aligned with the employer's expectations.

The 5 keys of success were insightful and I definitely think that this is something I will practice using moving forward to help my students understand different scenarios and how to prepare for them.

Excellent content on effective communication.  It is often assumed that people are naturally good at communication but it truly is a skill that needs to be explicitly taught and practiced.  This section was full of excellent strategies and exercises for doing just that. 

I found that the Five Keys to Success to be the most relevant and helpful section of this module.

In order to be successful at your job, working as a team is vital. 

I learned that it's important to share why internships are of value and to share out the importance of working. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities