Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Professional Certifications in Higher Education

Greetings colleagues. Does anyone have professional certifications in higher education OTHER than CHEP? Are there any specific certifications in Student Affairs? I would like to grow in my career and I believe that a professional certification would be beneficial; along with my educational and professional background. Your insight would be helpful. Thanks.

AMD

Hi Alena,

That's a great question.  I was thinking of a similar question as well.  I am the Career Services Officer at my university and was also inquiring about obtaining a certification. I'm in the process of obtaining the CCEP career services certification through MaxKnowledge. 

I've only taken a few courses so far, so I have a ways to go.  I currently don't have any professional certifications as of yet. 

What type of institution do you work at?

Regards,

Mrs. Ryan Parks

I would suggest checking into the PARW site and becoming a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) It was a very helpful tool to help  me think through writing resumes and why I write them the way I do. When I took it you had to take a short quiz and then write a resume based off of information they provided. You also write a cover letter and justification letter explaining why you wrote it like you did.

Best wishes,

Stephen Gillmore, CPRW

Excellent and very helpful.  I really appreciated getting certified for CPRW.  So glad that it exists!

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities