Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Applying for students?

I'm a new director at a new school and several students have asked me to actually complete applications for them. Is this normal? At my last school, I never, in four years submitted an actual application for a student. I will assist, but wouldn't completing the application be a disservice to the student? I mean I feel like they should learn the skills to do so.

I agree with your argument. In my years in this industry It is not acceptable do applications for the student/graduate. At the end of each application it will ask you to sign or acknowledge that you have read the information and completed to the best of your ability. If you complete the app then this is you not the student/graduate. You may have a different skill set that is not that of the student/graduate. By you doing their app it increases the chance for error or possibly if the student/graduate gets in front of the employer for interview they may not match what was conveyed on the application.

I completely agree! Again, I will sit with them while they are completing the application either online or paper. It seems unethical for another person to sumbit someone else's application.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities