Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Transparency is key to the success of the institution. From verifying the student meets all requirements to enroll and pursue a degree (providing sufficient proof of graduation), to ensuring the Admissions Counselor is providing accurate information and not disseminating false statements. Admissions should also only provide general information regarding financial aid and should in no way be a part of the fa process. Should there be specific questions, they should be directed to the financial aid office for detailed information. 

I learned that Financial Aid and Admissions must be very careful with the information they give to prospective students.  Being in accounting, I rarely have contact with students or leads.

The extra methods we take to assure we are in compliance in both Admissions and Financial Aid is our responsibility. This course is just a reminder of our Standards we need to follow.

I have learned that matriculation involves financial aid eligibility and that one must be matriculated in order to receive financial aid.  Also there are restrictions on compensation structures for admissions and financial aid personnel.  I am now aware that false or misleading statements are considered misrepresentation.  

How important it is for Admissions & FA to respect each others departments while working with each others but Not tying to do the others job.

Del tema estudiando, he aprendido varias cosas, como lo son:

1. Los estándares de admisión de una institución pueden afectar su capacidad para brindar ayuda financiera federal a un estudiante. Esto significa que las instituciones educativas deben seguir los procedimientos de admisión adecuados para garantizar que los estudiantes reciban asistencia del programa federal Título IV.

2. Para poder optar a la financiación, los estudiantes deben tener un diploma de escuela secundaria o un reconocimiento equivalente. Como prueba, la institución educativa puede recibir su propio certificado del estudiante. 3. Para ser elegible para recibir financiación, los estudiantes deben tener al menos la edad de escuela secundaria requerida en el estado anfitrión. Las instituciones podrán solicitar la verificación de este requisito al momento de solicitar la admisión.

4. Un estudiante se considera "inscrito" sólo si está inscrito en un programa aprobado que conduzca a un título, certificado o diploma reconocido. Los estudiantes que sólo asisten a clases sin registrarse no son elegibles para recibir ayuda federal. 5. La institución debe documentar que el estudiante está matriculado en el curso al momento de la inscripción. La Oficina de Admisiones o Registraduría deberá notificar a la Oficina de Ayuda Económica que el estudiante se ha dado de baja del programa.

6. Los estudiantes con estado de inscripción condicional se consideran inscritos sólo si son aceptados en un programa de título o certificado. Esto significa que no será elegible para recibir asistencia federal hasta que obtenga la aprobación oficial para el programa.

7. Los estudiantes en programas de recuperación no son elegibles para recibir ayuda financiera a menos que estén tomando cursos de recuperación en un programa ya aprobado. Las instituciones no pueden considerar el tiempo de recuperación sin créditos al determinar el estado de inscripción de un estudiante.

The information in this Module is very important and makes sense. The Incentive Ban is an excellent idea for schools because I do remember in the past how some schools were just enrolling students and did not care for the quality of students they were bringing in. This affected so many departments such as educations and career services. 

Communication and teamwork between admissions and financial aid is key in order to stay in compliance with rules and regulations governing the use of federal funds for education. 

The "brick wall" admissions and financial aid is not something that you would think about till you start looking into the reasons why, especially since the federal government is always changing regulations as do the states on funding.  Also the thought that people would go to that much work to obtain a "fake diploma" is eye opening.  

Admissions practices are highly regulated to ensure there are no false or misleading information and that student aid is awarded correctly

I have learned a lot in this module about compliance outside of the financial aid process. It has been a big help to me since I am new in the education field.

Sign In to comment