Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED104

I just completed this course and felt that it reinforced many of the teaching methods we sometimes don't realize are so important.  Such as dealing with silent students, cheating students, learning the students names......   Enjoyed it very much. 

I just completed course ED104 and I found it very useful for myself .I have learned something new and at the same time I had a feelings that I am in a right place having this opportunity to share my knowledge with my students.

I love this course and I do love what I do in my life.

Thank you!

ED 104 was a useful tool to me.  I can build on that information as I share in the classroom.  The students will benefit from the information that I will provide to them.

I found ED104 to be easily applicable to all the classes that I am currently teaching. I have directly received feedback from my students suggesting that the skills I acquired throughout this course have improved my classroom environment!

I recently completed ED104  and was pleasantly surprised that I have been using the appropriate techniques when handling situations in the classroom with students. This course offered a wealth of ideas on dealing with specific situations as well. I enjoyed this course and look forward to continued development in the classroom.

Sometimes, it's just as valuable to know that we're doing the right thing as it is to increase our skill sets.

I agree with things we take for granted in our daily teaching and do not apply maybe half of this course to our teachings and understandings of the student, the course and ourselves. We can apply this course to our syllabus and all the other techniques to making a better class presentation.

Marshall

I just completed ED104, and wish I would have had this information 2 years ago when I first began teaching! This session did reinforce much of what I have learned in the classroom through trial and error.

ED104 was one of my favortie courses that I have taken. It gave some very good ideas about interacting with all types of students and different ways to help them learn.

It also reinforced many things that we already utilize within our school.

Overall an outstanding course.

As the supervisor of a new program, I feel that both ED101 & this course ED104 will be great tools for my new instructors to utilize in their training of how to go from experienced automotive technicians to automotive instructors!  I certainly see the value in this course and am curious to take more MaxKnowledge courses, as I really enjoyed both ED101 and ED104.  In addition, these courses will make great talking points with my new instructors to make sure they are comfortable and prepared for the classroom.  What an excellent training tool!  I certainly wish my first teaching experience could have been preceded with courses such as these - I would have felt much more prepared.

ED 104 has some good information. A lot of the information reinforced my teaching stategies. In ten years of instructing students, you learn by trial and error to be a better instructor. ED104 can decrease the trial and error time.

Great course!  Made the necessary changes in the class to accomplish more with each student.

ED104.   IT IS A GREAT COURSE THAT GIVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE CHANGES AT MY CLASS AND HAVE A NEW ATMOSPHERE.

I learned a lot of things that I can tweak and change for when I teach again.  Great course!

I found ED104 to be a helpful reminder for classroom strategies and teaching adult learners.

I will be starting a new class in jan 2012,I am all excited about using all I have learned from ED 104,I have been teaching for a long time but this course has given me a new incite into various strategies which can bring life to a dull classroom.looking forward to learn more in the near future,

thank you.

I like your method of leaving a seat between each student during exams.  I have small classes, tend to know my student fairly well and wish them to fee that I believe in them (which I do), thus I wouldn't suspect cheating from my honest dedicated students.  The above method leaves me an equitable way of treating all students fairly withoout displaying any sense of distrust during exam time. It is a stressful enough time for them. I've always asked the students to please place their books away from them and to turn off their cell phones during exams, but I especially like the idea of leaving a seat between each student.  Thank you for adding insight.  This course was good reinforcement for current teaching methods as well.

I learned a lot from ed104.  The material covered on different types of learners and problems that could arise in the classroom really made me aware of different classroom scenarios and how to handle them.  I only have a small class right now of 5 students but in the future I hope to have more students and bigger classrooms.   I was already implementing some of the ideas in the classroom as far as cell phones, and  moving around the room, etc but I gained new insight when it comes to cheating and how students cheat and how to prevent it.  Thanks for the info!

I just finished ED101 and got a 95% on the "final exam."  I do, whole heartily disagree with the one item I got wrong . . . Question #13:  When starting a lecture, it is a good practice to start with:

(I put, what I thought was the best of the four items, "An outline of what the lecture will cover")

But I found out that the LEAST likely answer: "A startling statement or striking example" was the "correct" answer.  I can't imagine coming up with a "startling statement" or a "Striking example" when STARTING A LECTURE.

I'm not sure why answer "C" was even suggested.

Would love comments.

By using a startling statement or a striking example, you have a better chance of gaining their attention or sparking an interest in the lecture. It is good to give an outline of objectives/topics you wish to achieve or cover in the lecture, but you need to get their attention first.

Sign In to comment