Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Application in Authentic Scenarios | Origin: HQ101

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

CTE High-quality Framework: Standards-aligned and Integrated Curriculum --> Application in Authentic Scenarios

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Our school not only prepares students for real-world work scenarios but provides them to students while in school.  A number of our programs are production programs where students have a student-run business.  Examples include Small Engines, Culinary, Baking, and Vet Assisting.  All programs mirror the workplace.  Student portfolios capture employability, technical, and academic growth and achievement.  

Moving forward, I will ensure all students can have a production or student-run work opportunity.  The supervised AG Experience model allows students the opportunity to achieve this on an individual level. 

It's important to provide authentic opportunities for students to engage in scenarios to practice integration of skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the workplace and college.

I think we throw these expectations at teachers all the time- find ways for your students to engage in meaningful and authentic application of the content and practice of the skills, and we need to actually show teachers what this can look like. I appreciate the examples of project based learning, simulated workplace, and work-based learning in this module. This makes the whole approach to application of the content and skills seem much more tangible. 

Sign In to comment