Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Employer Role in Development | Origin: HQ101

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

CTE High-quality Framework: Standards-aligned and Integrated Curriculum --> Employer Role in Development

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Employability is a critical 21st-century skill that can be modeled and developed in each student. Student management systems in a CTE setting should mirror the workplace under the real of employability skills. Programs such as YouScience can help students better understand themselves and how they operate in a team setting. 

It is critical to get employer feedback and find ways to engage industry with CTE Programs. They need to also feel relevant and see what's in it for them.

We always hear about how important it is to get industry partners' input on curriculum and learning outcomes, and this is the first time I have ever seen a list of actual techniques for doing this. What we DON'T want to do is gather a bunch of industry representatives and have them lecture teachers on all of the things they aren't doing- I have seen this before and it is counter-productive. I appreciate the methods described in this module for interfacing with industry in a way that encourages collaboration.

Sign In to comment