Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Connecting Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) to Career Success

What is the definition of SEL? Based on your own experience and setting, how do you personally define social-emotional learning?

SEL is social-emotional learning. I would define it as the skills needed to be successful navigating life's challenges, whether in the workplace or at home. 

Social emotional learning (SEL) I would define it as a set of life skills that include self management, self awareness, social awareness, developing positive relationships, including empathy and understanding for the needs of self and others,  and the ability to make responsible decisions. 

Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) is the skill development to promote emotional intellegence.   SEL focuses on the CASEL foundations of self-awareness, social-awareness, self-management, relationships, and responsible decision-making.  

Skills needed to be successful that relate to self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationships, and responsible decision-making. 

Learned skills that help others with mental challenges to navigate through life.

It is the process in which people, develop the knowledge, self-awareness and personal well-being to build the emotional competencies that help them thrive in both academics and life.

The development interpersonal skills, self awareness, internal motivation. These skills are needed to self motivate and to adapted to situations a person will encounter in school, work and life. 

The definition of SEL is social emotional learning that promotes self awareness and positive relationships. My personal definition based on my own experiences,  is learning how to process thoughts, feelings and actions in a way that leads to confidence, compassion, motivation and a sense of purpose to help an individual reach their potential as well as help an individual learn healthy relationships.  

The definition of SEL is when students connect with others through positive relationships, work to achieve goals, show empathy to others and have a healthy identity.

Sign In to comment