Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Meetings and Training

Investigate meetings and training opportunities available for you. Which ones will you participate in and why did you make these selections?

As a director, it is exciting to have the opportunity to gain more information on improving knowledge in our chosen career field and share that information with my admissions representatives. Feeding a passion to help others change their live. I look forward to exploring as many training sessions on the internet and through our schools as possible.

This is great knowledge. I have been in Admissions for over 15 years. I have really never felt the need to participate in any other knowledge or training other then what was discussed at our campus. However, after completing this last Module, I recognized the need to further educate myself in order to assist my team. I will become a member of National Assoc. for College Admissions Counseling and Career College Admissions Professionals.
Thank you!

Dorothy,

Fantastic! The goal of this course is to set you up for success through imparting knowledge.

Cindy Bryant

As a School Director I have attended meetings with our owner and directors of our other schools as well as meetings with instructors and even shareholder meetings with the Texas Workforce and several other admissions representatives at other institutions. I always feel that it is important for an institution of keep communications lines between admissions to instructors and etc in order to make sure prospective students are getting the best information from an admissions representative who has gained in-depth knowledge from instructors to make a school or program choice. It is also important to attend meetings about changes to curriculum or course offerings.

I choose to attend shareholder meetings with other institutions because while my school is a vocational school geared to one industry its important to see how other programs are growing within the city and how growth in one industry begins to effect the others. It fosters partnerships between schools to make sure students are getting out to the workforce prepared for the constantly changing climate.

Stephanie,

I couldn't agree with you more. I too attend meetings that provide me an opportunity to learn more about our industry and changing regulations. This is a great way to keep the lines of communication open. Bravo!

Cindy Bryant

I have been pretty involved in expanding my personal knowledge - I would have to say it is my inner student wanting to know more. I have already been involved in various discussions and looking into committees or events that help with networking and educating myself as well as others regarding different practices.

I will admit that I do a lot of my networking and discussion forums online through various social networking sites because it is more effective and accessible for me with my schedule.

I believe I will make more of an attempt to physically attend a networking event that helps to educate professionals as myself to help me train, teach, and share more effectively with my team.

Sign In to comment