Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organizational Structure

What do you know about the organizational structure for your institution?
How do you rate your knowledge about the departments and people who work at your institution? Be specific about what you know and what you still need to learn and how you will do that.

Our campus Director has created an organization chart and we are all well aware of the chain of command as are all our employees. I have been employed at this campus for 1yr and half and as a manager know the departments very well.

Cindy,

I am well familiar with the organizational structure of our institution. I rate myself above average about knowing all the people from all the departments. We need to continue to stay up to date as people changes or get promoted to other departments. It is imperative to know your team members to be able to serve our students in an efficient manner.

Jorge

Jorge,

I think this a great way to be supportive of others success. Keeping up with your team members does help you to assist your student's effectively.

Cindy Bryant

I know the organization structure very well and I am fortunate enough to work with a very knowledgeable team

I just started with the organization that I am with now. I am pretty well versed with everyone's history here as well as their prior history in education, however it will admit that I am not as well versed with this group as I was with the group I worked with prior to.

I definitely feel that it is imperative to know the background of your employees and co workers as a whole in regards to their employment/experience. Understanding their knowledge in their area will help you to be able to reference back to them or utilize their knowledge when speaking to prospective and current students.

As time goes on, I will be sure to learn more about the team that I am with now by reaching out to them as I have done already and learning more about one another. The more you know about your team as a whole creates a more fluid experience with your students.

I've been with our school for many years, and our approach to structure is unlike any other I've ever seen, and I've done many team leader visits for our accreditor. School Directors are ultimately responsible for what occurs at the campus, but program directors and department heads are not only given a great deal of responsibility, they are given authority. Program Directors work closely with the academic dean, but the academic dean does not have oversight of the program directors. This way, they both bring their level of expertise to the table. One on the technical end, and the other on the general education and applied general education end. They both are responsible for faculty development.

Mary,

Thank you for sharing your best practice with the forum.

Cindy Bryant

Nazaneen,

Thank you for expressing your opinion in the forum. Getting to know your employees and peers is very important to create the synergy to be successful.

Cindy Bryant

Sign In to comment