Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Complaint Resolution

Do recommend that schools have an annual or by annual training on handling complaints? Especially those that are are common? What organization has the best training outside of CCST? Or, does CCST have a module that can be used by a school during staff development?

Minnie,
This is a complex issue. School personnel must be knowledgeable about the school's complaint policy but the handling of complaints must be the responsiblity of senior campus management and/or corporate compliance personnel (depending on the structure of your institution and its internal policies). Prevention is the best way to handle complaints, so staff awareness and proper handling of common student concerns is important before they turn into formal complaints. I recall the TWC CSC provided a list some years back on the most common complaints they received. You can contact your representative there and see if they have a current list. Maxknowledge courses indirectly address complaint responses (i.e. complaint prevention). I don't know of any entities that offer specific complaint handling courses. Annual Conferences held by APSCU, CCST, Accrediting bodies, etc. often include sessions on handling complaints. Lastly, you can contact CCST to see if they offer or can recommend anything.

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment