Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Catalog changes

Are active students required to receive all catalog changes during the progression of their education or do they fall under the original catalog and addendum that they enrolled under?

Lisa,
Excellent question. Students fall under the catalog they enrolled under. If a student withdraws and re-enters, they then fall under the new catalog. If there are policy/procedure changes that appear in a new catalog and are intended to cover all students, then the students who enrolled under a prior catalog would need to acknowledge (sign for) such changes.

JP Mehlmann

Would a signature be required for such changes? Or is it sufficient to prove that distribution of the new policy/ies were made available to all students (e.g. School approved email, website, hard-copy, etc.)?

Brad,
Another excellent question. I know of no precedent rulings on this issue and I don't believe it is covered in the rules or School Director's Resource Guide. However, my experience with TWC is that they rely on the approved enrollment agreement and catalog. So, I would lean toward requiring a signed acknowledgment from students for policy/catalog changes. Again, if you have a specific situation, I believe your TWC CSC contact person would be happy to provide you their interpretation.

JP Mehlmann

If a student dropped but, only had one class (Say Externship 120Hrs) left, would they have to re-enroll under the new program rather than the old one they were in prior?

Jim,

I believe they would have to enroll in the new program [approved per the TWC list of approved programs.] If the courses in the new program are equivalent to the old program, then you would show credit on the student's Previous Education & Training form. If there are new or substantially different courses in the new program, then the re-enter student would be responsible for taking those courses. You could call your TWC CSC contact person for any exceptional situations.

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment