Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Franchise Occupational Expert support

If a franchise has multiple schools teaching the same information, can it share the Occupational Expert Board information across the centers? Or is a separate board required for each area?

Angela,
Excellent question. I believe you are referring to the Occupation Expert Support forms required with new program applications. The TWC CSC School Director's Resource Guide (Chap. 4, Page 4.6) section on the occupational expert support form states the following: "Programs longer than 200 clock hours must have an advisory committee of at least five local business leaders plus school staff..." I believe the key word here is "local". If some of the schools are in the same metropolitan area, or within a reasonable proximity, then it would likely be appropriate to utilize the same board. You can check with TWC CSC staff for their input on this question.

JP Mehlmann

Does each program of study have to have a different advisory board of 5 members?

Nikki,
Thank you for your post. 3 is generally the minimum for each program, per advisory meeting and 5 is desirable. I don't believe this is specified in the rules.

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment