Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Financial Aid

My understanding is that representatives do not mention financial aid until a prospect asks about it? Can the representative mention it as what the school offers when a prospects sits with them regarding the school, programs, and requirements?

Minnie,
That is a good question. The TWC CSC Rules specifically state in Section 807.52, A representative shall: 2) refer questions about financial aid and entrance testing to the appropriate school officials. If a prospect asks about financial aid, the Representative should refer them to a financial aid staff member. Your enrollment process should provide for the appropriate personnel to cover that information with the prospect.

JP Mehlmann

As a former Director of FA as well as a current School Director, the new disclosure laws of 7/1/11 have made me more cautious. I have instructed all of the admissions representatives and my Director of Admissions to refer ALL questions on financial aid to financial aid personnel.

Dan,

That is a common best practice. In addition, questions regarding outcomes such as completion/placement rates, certification pass rates etc., must be handled very carefully. Thorough training and observing as well as "shopping" your representatives is a good way to prevent problems of misrepresentation.

JP Mehlmann

Can School Director's answer questions about financial aid or do they also have to refer questions to their financial aid personnel?

Stephanie,

Good question. The CSC rules prohibit admissions personnel from discussing FA with prospective students. If the school director is knowledgeable in FA, then I don't believe it would be a violation of the rules. This is if the school director is not acting in an admissions capacity.

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment