Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Tour of Facility

The Rules require that the Admission Reps invite students to take a tour of the facility. How do online programs comply with this regulation?

Gail,
That is an excellent question. The key word is "invite". To comply with the requirement to "invite" the online applicant to tour, you can have the applicant sign a statement that they received an invitation to tour. Below is the specific regulation stating that online (distance) students are not required to [actually] tour the facility - see the TWC CSC website for complete rules.:

§807.261. Requirement for Tour. [note: some sub-paragraphs have been deleted]

(b) Distance education, combination distance education-residence, and seminars are not required to provide the student a tour.

JP Mehlmann

We just had our tour and it was quite detailed. Luckily we called first because there were a few items not on the survey check list. Like a break room and a locked file cabinet behind a locked door.

chris,
I don't understand your post. The forum topic relates to touring potential students (not providing a tour to the TWC CSC representative) and asks how online programs comply with providing a tour. Online must "invite" the prospect to tour and have documentation (applicant signature) that they were invited to tour.

JP Mehlmann

Hello,

Can you please clarify regarding tours? Was your response directly relating to online courses? I want to understand clearly whether an "invitation to tour" applies to all learning models, to include classroom based instruction and distance education. Thanks for the clarification.

K. Kelley

Katherine,

Thank you for your question. Applicants who enroll in a course/program, where the instruction is classroom-based, must be provided a tour. The institution must maintain signed documentation of the tour in each student's file. My understanding is that distance education students must be provided an "invitation" to tour. If your institution does not have a physical facility then I suggest you check the rules and/or call your TWC contact person for additional clarification. They are happy to help and welcome contact from college administrators.

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment